Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hiding out...

I have decided, for the sake of my sanity, I will not be talking to anyone for the duration of this pregnancy. I know...it's a bit extreme, but everywhere I turn someone is having a miscarriage. Either it is a friend, co-worker, or a co-workers wife. I don't remember hearing about so many miscarriages while I was pregnant with Diva and I am beginning to freak out. Being sick and congested is not helping me either. I broke down Sunday and had hubby buy me some sudafed and Robitussin. I just could not stand the pain. I'm still feeling crappy!

On a better note...I finally broke down today and told my Supervisor and my unit about the pregnancy. I told my Supervisor first and he was very supportive of the pregnancy and of my wishes to stay in the Field. I then congratulated the unit on surviving my first trimester. They were all in shock...no one had any idea. We are all a bunch of smart asses, so I know I'm going to be able to have some fun with all of them and this pregnancy. Of course now I'm being called a breeder...I've been called worse.

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

It's understandable! I miscarried myself back in August, BUT we are pregnant with a HEALHTY baby due in July! Come see the photo I just posted on my blog.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I bet it felt great to let your secret out!

Just Lisa said...

I think you're safe. You survived the first trimester! I understand your fear though. After my miscarriage, I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant with the AC until I was starting to show.