
Do you work in one of the office's where most of the time you cannot tell if your at work or if you time warped back to high school? I always feel like that at my work and it's getting worse.
In March, our Department was given a reprieve from the County and we were not made to start layoffs. Big whoop! We all new that come the 2009-10 fiscal year the layoffs would be worse. Come May 15th we will know for certain how many we will be laying off. How it looks now, I am 6 below the cutoff line and will be laid off. Fortunately, I hold status in the rank below me and will be able to demote myself. Demoting myself means a cut in pay and having to go back and work with the little pukes in the institutions. Not looking forward to that.
So of course people are showing their true colors and going after each other's jugulars. We are already starting to send people back to the institution, but due to my "condition" I cannot go back. I get to stay in my same job until I leave. Other's are starting the bickering of "why isn't that person going back", "why does that person get a good schedule", blahblahblah. The other thing that is happening is people that you that you were friends with...or at least friendly with...are starting to throw you under the bus. Heaven forbid they look like the bad person, equally take the blame, or just stay out of other co-workers business. Go ahead people...I can take it. Just remember fellow co-workers, you piss me off too much and it's on like donkey kong!!!
Oh...the next few weeks are going to be a nightmare. If it gets too bad my Dr has given me the ok to go on disability early.
4 comments:
Your story reminds of a study I did where there was a fire and the most frightened ones started running for the door - knocking anyone in their way...but in their frenzy to get out..they went to the wrong door and died...they were locked in...the people who calmly walked out while helping others were able to get out safely and save many people...kind of like the layoffs the frightened ones are running to hold on to their job while knocking everyone down in the process...they are the ones who get laid off..because their too busy running for the door and not focusing on what they are being paid for.. a job well done. Best of luck to you.
Kelly
I hope all goes well. Just take care of yourself and get some rest. My husband just got a new job. He has been out of work since November and it was rough. He too got thrown under the bus and ended up being not supported by supervisors. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and things in the end will be better than before, because you will be true to who you are and screw everyone else who's nasty!
I wish you luck!
Oh yea....same stuff going on at my work.They kept threatening paycuts, layoffs etc. We have nothing official yet.
Oh I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this right now! So true that ppl get all catty and possessive when they feel threatened. I am glad that you have your doc's support too. Hugs!
Post a Comment