Sunday, January 18, 2009

Diva and ice skating...

Our local outdoor ice skating rink will be closing this week for the season and we decided today would be a good day to take Diva ice skating for the first time. We encountered a few problems such as mommy hasn't ice skated in 10 years, mommy has never had to hold someone up while skating, and ice melts way to quickly when it is 70ish degrees outside. Diva did not seem to have fun the first two times around, but after she learned how to keep her balance and singing the lyrics to a JoJo's Circus song, she was really enjoying herself. I love that she enjoyed it, now I have someone to go ice skating with! I even got brave a couple of times and tried a few turns that come to find out are not easy to do when you are on the hefty side and pregnant. I think I gave hubby and my parents heart attacks a few times out there. Now Diva wants her grandpa to teach her how to play hockey since she's a pro at ice skating.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Oh, my husband would so scolding me if I was ice skating and pregnant. lol. So glad you had a beautiful day.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Aww very cute!!

Anonymous said...

you look so cute...I can't skate--ice skate or roller skate!

The Beach Life said...

How fun! I really want to take BB ice skating but the hubby seems to think it will end in a huge disaster/meltdown:(