Dr: Will you be wanting more children after this birth?
Hubby and me: NO!
Dr: Have you considered tubal ligation? It will just add two minutes to your c-section.
Hubby: YES PLEASE!
Me: Wha...?
Well big guy...I'm not sure if I want a tubal ligation, but I am sure of what you will not be getting any time soon. No nookie for you!
Honestly, I hadn't expected to be asked that question. I guess I always figured I would get hubby drunk and get him the big V. It does make sense to have the tubal while I'm already opened. Oh decisions...decisions. Any thoughts? Have you had a tubal and what was your experience?
5 comments:
Ok. So, no, I haven't had a tubal. And I also assume that my hubby will be getting the big V. But if you're sure-- really SURE-- that you don't want anymore kids, and you know you're having a c-section, you might as well have the doctor spend the extra two minutes in there.
I totally feel you, though. It's so... final.
Better to take the pill for the rest of your life???
I so understand where your coming from.
Chris
Oh come check out our mommy board
http;//www.chatterscene.com
I said screw the tubal, I want a hysterectomy but the DR wouldn't even talk to me about it.
I think my DH is going to end up with the big V.
Hmmmm? I think as long as you are 100% POSITIVE you don't want anymore children, then you might want to consider the tubal. I had planned on getting a tubal if we ever got pregnant with number 2 because I knew I would be having a section anyway. Well we know how that story ended.
Have you considered an ablation? Do you have rough periods (obviously when you're not pregnant). The only problem is you can still get pregnant but won't carry past something like 10 weeks which means Hubby would have to get snipped anyway.
Yeah, I'm done rambling.
Yea, you need more conversation to make such a big decision,...btw, how are you feeling!?
Post a Comment