Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pink is my signature color....

I'm still feeling under the weather due to my 1 millionth sinus infection. I had to do some fancy talking to get my Dr to break down and give me antibiotics (she's not a fan of antibiotics and pregnancy).

So, I am spending my Saturday evening watching Steel Magnolias for the 1,435,853th time. I love this movie for the great characters and great quotes.


Truvy: Time marches on and sooner or later you realize it is marchin' across your face.

Ouiser Boudreaux: I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!

Clairee Belcher: Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket.

Clairee Belcher: The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.

Clairee Belcher: Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Shelby: Remember what Daddy always says—an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure!

Edit...Diva is now watching with me. We are at the wedding part and M'Lynn tell's Shelby "It's time Shelby". Diva made a shocked sound and said "She has my name!".

7 comments:

jmo said...

I LOVE the "two pigs fighting under a blanket" quote! I use it often and very few people every get it. I must get new friends!

Hope you feel better! I get a lot of sinus infections too and did while I was pregnant. So sorry you're feeling bad.

Lipstick said...

Oh, I love love love this movie! I like, "it's just too twisted for color tv"

I hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

morewineplease said...

I adore this movie! Its the best... all about the "Blush and Bashful"

Hope you get to feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Most weekends, you have to watch it because it's on tv, ha. It is one of my favorites too, afterall it was filmed in my "home state"!

Just Lisa said...

One of my favorite lines is "I would rather have 5 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothin' special."

Once upon a time, 100 years ago, I was in a drama competition. My partner and I did a scene from Steel Magnolias. We won first place. My partner could cry on cue, and that helped us out considerably!

The Beach Life said...

I have never seen this movie or read the book(runs and ducks for cover).

The blog looks great and I hope you and the family have a wonderful & healthy new year!

Nomers said...

I...I...just don't know what to say! I'm in shock :0