Thursday, August 21, 2008

Round 1 complete

I have had a dreadful bridge in my mouth for several years now and have finally decided to do something about it. It wasn't unsightly, just painful. It began when I had braces. I still had a baby tooth with no permanent tooth under it and the dentist decided not to pull it prior to braces. Bad move! It finally became lose and I had to get a bridge, the bottom three teeth. Since the beginning it hasn't fit well, if my blood pressure raises it hurts even more. Imagine a exposed nerve, that's how I have felt every day. So my dentist and I decided to do something about it. Today I had my bridge removed and a temporary put in. Next week I have a gum graft (imagine a skin graft for your mouth) to build up my gum from where the bridge tortured it for years. Then I heal for a few weeks and we decide if I can have an implant (preferably) or get another bridge.
The bright side is I should lose weight over the next few weeks, I can only have soft foods!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Now that is one creative way to lose weight, lol. Good luck...I hope everything goes well!!!