Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sometimes Diva is so cute...

Last night Diva was in the bathroom and I could hear her talking from our room. I went in to see what was going on and asked who she was talking to. Diva announced she was talking to Apollo and Casanova (her dog and cat who passed away last year). She pointed to the window and I could see two stars in the night sky. "See mommy, Casa and Apollo want to talk to me".

The background to this story is Diva had a really hard time with the loss of her dog and cat so close together and so suddenly. Then one day I came up with a great idea! I brought Diva outside after the sun had set and pointed to two stars that were close together in the night sky. I explained to her that those stars werer Apollo and Casa and that was their new home, but that they would always be in the sky and with her. She hasn't cried since and always say's hi to them anytime we are outside.

2 comments:

morewineplease said...

OH MY WORD! That is the sweetest story!

Anonymous said...

My Gosh, that is so sweet. We've struggled with the loss of a precious doggy too. It's so hard to explain.