Tuesday, January 13, 2009

His warranty must be expired...

I noticed today that I have not had a post with photos in awhile. I promise, my next post will have photos...of what I have no idea!

I have not told all of you much about hubby. When I met hubby, he was working for a race team working on engines from NASCAR to drag racing. He then decided that he wanted to get his college degree and started toward his degree in Aeronautic mechanics. He was in his last year of school when we got married and pregnant with Diva (a honeymoon baby..hehehe). The month that I was due with Diva, hubby woke up to go start his long day at work and school. He collapsed from the pain in his feet. He had never really complained about his feet hurting other then the everyday hurting from being on his feet, so we were in a state of panic.
After a year of doctor's we finally got a diagnosis...psoriatic arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis (try saying that three times!). He hasn't worked since, but did finish his degree! Poor guy is on several meds plus has to give himself shots.
The day before we left for down south he collapsed again. He had injured his achillies which is common with his type of arthritis (OUCH!). His doctor told us that if the injury did not get better or happened again he would need surgery to release the tendon. Well, I came home today to Diva sounding like a 45 year old smoker (she's sick) and hubby laying on the bed. He didn't want to tell me, but he finally let me know he hurt his achillies again and could barely walk today. That means he won't be able to walk tomorrow. He doesn't want to do the surgery and doesn't want to call his Doctor. I had to remind him that now is the best time with only on Diva running around and not a Diva and a Cobra. He finally broke down and tomorrow I get to schedule his appointment (Big baby can't make is own appointment).

Thank you for letting me vent!

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

My husband would be impossible! He IS impossible with this kind of stuff!

Anonymous said...

oh no! I hope it gets better. BTW, Mimi is also a honeymoon baby!