
I'm still feeling under the weather, so I am partaking in one favorite pastimes...watching movies from the 80's.
One of my all time favorite (right behind Steel Magnolias) is Always. Everytime I watch it I am sure to laugh and cry. My two favorite scenes from any movie are in Always. There is a beautiful scene where the lead Richard Dryfuss buys his girl Holly Hunter a girlie dress. She's the only girl at the fire camp and all the guys want to dance with her "Nobody dances with this dress, without washing their hands", she says. While she dances with the fire guys, Richard Dryfuss watches from a far with such a loving look while "Smoke get's in your eyes" plays in the background. It get's me everytime. My other favorite scene is when Holly Hunter "cooks" for the yummy Brad Johnson.

It's also a special movie to me, because it was Audrey Hepburn's last movie before her passing. I always thought it was appropriate that in her last movie she played a guardian angel.
2 comments:
I LOVE Always!!!!
That is one of mine and my mom's favorite movies!!! Seriously, the movies with Holly Hunter and Richard Dryfuss were incredible love stories and total tear-jerkers!!! I'm so glad to see that someone else even knows about this movie and loves it as much as I do!!! You are now one of my favorite people!
:D
One of my all-time favorites too. I am excited to see it here, most people don't remember it and look at me like I have 3 heads when I mention it.
Post a Comment