Everything at work has been status quo since word two weeks ago hit about layoffs and demotions. At 4:30 yesterday an email was sent out to Supervisors from our head Chief saying that there will be no layoffs until at least June/July and to let the troops know. People were so happy to know they still had a job and other's were happy to not be in limbo anymore. Well...an email went out 15 minutes later saying to disregard the last email and to not tell anyone. Seems that our department jumped the gun. The County didn't agree with not laying anyone off. So we are back to square one...holding our breath until Tuesday when the Board of Supervisors meet again and gives us their final answer. I feel horrible for those that are on the chopping block and had their hopes squashed this morning.
I have also implemented a new rule in my unit. No spreading of rumors until you have three reliable sources. The rumors are getting so blown out of proportion, it's sickening.
3 comments:
What would a "reliable source" be? So sorry that is happening!
Ugh. I'm so sorry about the possible lay offs. You definitely don't need the added stress of job security. Prayers said.
Hot Mama~ a reliable source for me is someone that has a proven track record of having reliable info and of course I have to like them :P.
Tracy~ Thank you!
Post a Comment